JOIN THE ADMISSIONS TEAM Selection for Admissions Officers is highly competitive and those selected will be sent to Advanced Civil Schooling (ACS) for up to two years. We select two to three branch-qualified captains to attend a two-year Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program, with a three-year follow-on assignment to the Directorate of Admissions. Our officers attend high-quality graduate programs to obtain their M.B.A. degree at a school of their choice. In the Directorate of Admissions, we seek out Key Developed (KD) Captains who have displayed exemplary performance in the Army to serve as Admissions Officers. As Regional Commanders, our officers recruit the highest quality cadets, perform professional service, and provide outreach for the Army. An assignment in Admissions is a challenging and rewarding developmental experience.
Currently, there are no vacancies within the admissions office. Please check back here in May 2015 for a list of open assignments within the department.
If selected, you will be provided an opportunity to go to graduate school, and upon completion of your graduate studies, the three-year assignment at West Point would begin on or around 1 June. Only branch-qualified officers will be considered for ACS and a follow-on assignment to USMA. We are committed to ensuring that our officers depart USMA with adequate time for an O-4 KD assignment prior to consideration for promotion to Lieutenant Colonel in the primary zone. Most successful candidates have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
We have recently transitioned to a fully web-based application system. This new system offers tremendous advantages over our previous paper-based system. It gives you the capability to directly upload supporting documents to your application file and allows you to view the current status of your file at any time.
NEW APPLICANTS: New to application process? If you are new, please click here to get started.
EXISTING APPLICANTS: If you have already started an application, please click here to review the file that you've already started. You will need the userid and password that was provided when you first submitted your application. Based on your timeline, military experience, and academic performance, we will make an initial decision about whether or not to accept you as a faculty candidate. Once you are accepted, you will be provided with userID and password to complete your file. Items needed to be considered are listed below: It is not necessary for you to provide all of this information all at once. You may upload new information as it becomes available, and you may update your file at any time. Please save your password in a place where you'll be able to find it later.If you wish to be considered for graduate school starting in 2016, your application file should be complete by 1 December 2014. This will allow us time to review your files for completeness prior to our selection board in mid-January 2015. The selection board consists of all the department’s senior staff members. The final decision on all selections is made by the Director of Admissions. Please use the following as our mailing address: The Directorate of Admissions’ fax number is (845) 938-8121. If you have any further questions, please contact Mr. Dave Dominick at .We appreciate your interest in joining the West Point Admissions Team.The Corps Starts Here!
It is not necessary for you to provide all of this information all at once. You may upload new information as it becomes available, and you may update your file at any time. Please save your password in a place where you'll be able to find it later.
- Evidence of a strong military record (OERs and AERs). We request that you upload copies of all your OER's and AER's. You can obtain these in electronic form directly from your AKO account.
- Copy of your GRE and/or GMAT scores.. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores provide us with an indicator of your potential for success in graduate school. They are also required by HRC for all officers attending advanced civil schooling. If you have not yet taken the GRE, or if your existing GRE scores will be over 5 years old at the time you enter ACS, you should take the exam as soon as possible. The Army minimum standards for the GRE are 500 points on the verbal assessment, 500 points on the quantitative assessment, and 4 in the analytical writing assessment. For GRE information, see http://www.gre.org or consult with your Education Center. You may either upload a scanned copy of your GRE scores directly to your application file, or you may have the scores sent directly to us.
- Statement: 3 Letters of recommendation and Admissions Personnel Summary Sheet. We recommend that you provide three letters of recommendation commenting on your potential to do outstanding graduate work at a top university and be an Admissions Officer. Letters from senior officers for whom you have worked for are useful. In the event you do not have a Command OER in time for our selection board, we recommend that you get a letter from your senior rater assessing your performance in your branch-qualifying job. Additionally, upload the Admissions Personnel Summary Sheet into the “statement” column. This document also contains your job preference list and candidate essay. Please upload all three letters of recommendation and personnel summary sheet into the “statement” column on the W.E.S.T. System.
- Copy of your most recent Officer Records Brief (ORB). This can be downloaded from AKO.
- An informal photograph. Please send us a personal photo. Not your official DA photo (which should be uploaded to your ORB).
- Your best estimate of your availability date to begin graduate school. This is dictated by your anticipated branch qualification and the timing of future PCS and school assignments. If you have not already done so, please alert your branch manager that you are interested in competing for an assignment at West Point.
If you wish to be considered for graduate school starting in 2016, your application file should be complete by 1 December 2014. This will allow us time to review your files for completeness prior to our selection board in mid-January 2015. The selection board consists of all the department’s senior staff members. The final decision on all selections is made by the Director of Admissions. Please use the following as our mailing address:
Directorate of Admissions
The Directorate of Admissions’ fax number is (845) 938-8121. If you have any further questions, please contact Mr. Dave Dominick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Personnel Officer
United States Military Academy
606 Thayer Road
West Point, NY 10996
We appreciate your interest in joining the West Point Admissions Team.
The Corps Starts Here!