You have time to figure out what you want to do, but if you’re interested in a top-tier college, such as West Point, begin now to prepare yourself.
- Take challenging courses in a college-preparatory program.
- Earn A’s and B’s consistently throughout high school.
- Take the PSAT and PLAN early and often. Plan on taking the SAT/ACT at the beginning of your junior year.
- Become a member of clubs or other organizations in your community, school, or church.
- Work toward becoming an officer in the organizations to which you belong.
- Ask a teacher, coach or guidance counselor to help you find ways to serve.
- Participate in intramural sports or join one of your school’s athletic teams.
- Practice the Candidate Fitness Assessment events.