The West Point Band is the oldest musical organization in the United States Army. Its primary mission is to provide musical support for the United States Corps of Cadets. The West Point Band performs a wide variety of commitments, including public concerts, ceremonies, chamber music recitals, recording sessions, and athletic events, and has performed at such prestigious venues as Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Tanglewood and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.
An assignment in the West Point Band is stabilized. Promotion to Staff Sergeant is awarded after the completion of Initial Proficiency Training as well as four months service.
- Annual salary $58,884 - $67,596 upon promotion to Staff Sergeant**
- Full Military Benefits (Medical/Dental/Retirement Plans)
- 30 Days Paid Vacation Yearly
- Tuition Assistance, and Post 9/11 GI Bill
** Regular military compensation combines basic pay, the Basic Allowance for Subsistence, the Basic Allowance for Housing and the tax advantage of those two untaxed allowances. It does not include the overseas housing allowance or the overseas cost-of-living allowance.
- New age restriction (as per DA requirement): Upon winning the audition, the candidate must arrive to Basic Training prior to his/her 35th birthday.
- International applicants (non-U.S. citizens) must have a Permanent Resident/I-551 card in order to be eligible for enlistment.
Current Active Duty Soldiers should submit an audition packet that includes the following additional material:
- Enlisted Records Brief (ERB)
- Three Noncommissioned Officer Evaluation Report (NCOER)- Corporal and higher
- Official DA Photo (Full length)
- Letter of Release from current Commander
Prior service and active military requirements for audition with the USMA Band: information chart
Please call (845) 938-2445 or (845) 938-6746 between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time or e-mail email@example.com
The West Point Band is an Equal Opportunity Employer