• Gehlbach, H., Young, L. Roan, L., (2012) Teaching social perspective taking: How educators might learn from the Army, Educational Psychology., 32(3), 295-309.
• Higgins, M.C., Weiner, J., & Young, L.V. (2012). Implementation teams: A new lever for organizational change., Journal of Organizational Behavior, 33, 366-388.
• Higgins, M.C., Young, L.V., Weiner, J., & Wlodarczyk, S. (2010). Leading teams of leaders: What helps team member learning? Phi Delta Kappan, 91(4), 41-45.
“Developing Leaders of Character at the United States Air Force Academy: From First Contact to Commissioning”. Formal Report, 25 April 2005; Prepared for the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (SAF/MR); 1600 Air Force Pentagon, Washington, D.C. 20330-1660. Report of findings and recommendations following a comprehensive organizational/institutional review for ANSER Corporation.
• Young, L.V. (2005) “Service and Disservice” in Military Leadership: In Pursuit of Excellence, Fifth Edition, Edited by Robert L. Taylor and William E. Rosenbach. Boulder: Westview Press.
• Young, L.V., (2004). "Service and Disservice", Compass: A Journal of Leadership. Center for Public Leadership, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. 1(2).
• Biernat, M., Crandall, C., Young, L.V., Kobrynowicz, D. & Halpin, S. (1998) "All That You Can Be: Stereotyping of Self and Others in a Military Context", The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 75 (2), 301-317.
• Young, L.V. (1996). "Duty, Honor, Country: If You're Straight" in It's Our Military, Too: Women