R. Bruce Floersheim, Ph.D., P.E.
Assistant Professor and DirectorContact:Email: Bruce.Floersheim@usma.edu
LTC Bruce Floersheim was commissioned from the United States Military Academy as an officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1989. He has served in the United States, Turkey, Bosnia, Germany and Iraq during a career spanning over 22 years. His assignments include platoon leader, company commander, assistant product manager for infantry and tank munitions, project manager for reconstruction in Iraq, and Academy Professor in the Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering at the United States Military Academy. In addition to his technical degrees, he holds a Masters Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the U.S. Naval War College. His military awards include the Bronze Star Medal, three Meritorious Service Medals, four Army Commendation Medals and six Army Achievement Medals.
- Ph.D., Old Dominion University, 2008
- M.S., Stanford University, 1999
- B.S.M.E., United States Military Academy, 1989
- Discipline is not available at this time.
- Design optimization, design process, design with uncertain variables and rapid prototyping processes, engineering education