James E. Richards
Instructor / AnalystContact:Email: James.Richards@usma.edu
Major Richards entered the military from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and was commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers after graduating in 2001. His first duty assignment was to Fort Carson with 43d Combat Engineer Company, 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment. He served as Platoon Leader, Executive Officer and Assistant Regimental Engineer deployed with the company in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. His next assignment was as the Project Manager for the “Buckeye” system at the Topographic Engineering Center. Continuing his tour on Fort Belvoir, he commanded E Company 169th Engineer Battalion a topographic engineering training company. His awards and decorations include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal (OLC), Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, and the Army Service Ribbon.
- MS, Engineering and Management, MIT (2010)
- MS, Engineering Management, MU S&T (2005)
- BS, Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics USMA (2001)
- Discipline is not available at this time.
- Geospatial information architecture, system architecture and value modeling, project team selection for engineering education