- U.S. Army Research and Development Achievement Award (only non-Army lab)
- Designated by NSA as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance
- 2001, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 Cyber Defense Exercise WINNERS!
- Provide Officer leadership of the Special Interest Group for Security Access and Controls (SIGSAC) cadet club.
- Created an Information Warfare Analysis and Research (IWAR) Laboratory in EECS.
- Implemented a completely virtual information assurance student lab (VMWare based) in EECS.
- Helped develop the Cyber Defense Exercise between the 5 service academies. We are actively collaborating with several universities and the NSF to develop an exercise model for wide spread use. The CDX has provided the participating students with the most challenging and rewarding leadership, academic, and experiential event of their career at West Point.
- Support cadet's senior capstone design projects for presentation at end of semester.
- Support cadet summer internships in government and academic research labs as well as with industry partners.
- Support for cadets and faculty to present papers and attend project competitions and workshops at participating universities and conferences such as BlackHat, DEFCON, WorldComp, SIGite, AAAI, VizSEC, SIGada, HICSS, SIGCSE, FLOCON, SANS, ShmooCON, TARDEC, AGI and NCUR, etc.