Robin K. Burk
Assistant Professor Contact: Phone: Email:
Ms. Burk joined the faculty at USMA in 2001 and has taught in both the EE&CS and the SE departments. Prior to coming to USMA, she has had 25 years experience as a Software Engineer, Project and Program Manager, and Senior Corporate Executive in both Defense and Civilian sectors. Ms. Burk is the author of a number of well-selling technical books, including TCP/IP Blueprints and several editions of UNIX Unleashed. She is currently a member of the ACM, IEEE, INFORMS (including the Computing Society), and the American Society for Information Science and Technology. Ms. Burk has recently joined Army and Navy researchers in developing knowledge representation and data models for the Mobility/Common Operational Picture and Common Maneuver Networks, in support of the Army's Assured Mobility/Future Force Operating Capability. Ms. Burk’s main research concerns intelligent software that can understand human language. Other research interests include network-centric operations, social networks (MySpace, weblogs, wikis), and the interaction of humans and robotic systems in C2 environments.
- Ph.D., Information Science, State University of New York, In Progress
- M.B.A., Finance and Operations, Kenan Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1993
- B.A., Physics and Philosophy, St. John’s College, 1974
- There are no publications by this faculty member available at this time.
- This faculty member is not engaged in any research at this time.