MAJ Terrence J. O'Connor
Assistant Professor Contact: Phone: Email:
MAJ O'Connor was commissioned a Signal Officer at West Point in May 1999. Military assignments include platoon leader, 3D Signal Brigade; battalion signal officer, 1/2 Attack Aviation Battalion; and battalion signal officer, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne). He is a graduate of SERE (High Risk), Combined Arms and Services Staff School, the Signal Captain's Career Course, Signal Officer Basic Course, Air Assault, and Airborne School. MAJ O'Connor deployed with the 7th Special Forces Group in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and the Global War on Terrorism. Academic interests include mobile and wireless network security, information assurance and information technology education.
- M.S., North Carolina State, 2008
- B.S., USMA, 1999
- OConnor T.J. "Animal Farm: Protection From Client-side Attacks by Rendering Content With Python and Squid.", SANS Information Security Reading Room, 21 February 2011. [Article]
- OConnor T.J. "About Face: Defending Your Organization Against Penetration Testing Teams ", SANS Information Security Reading Room, 6 December 2010. [Article]
- OConnor T.J., "Detecting and Responding to Data Link Layer Attacks", SANS Information Security Reading Room, 15 Oct 2010. [Article]
- OConnor T.J., “Grow Your Own Tools: A Taxonomy of Python Libraries Helpful for Forensic Analysis”, SANS information Security Reading Room, 13 Sept 2010. [Article]
- Fanelli R.; OConnor T.J., “Experiences with Practice-Focused Undergraduate Security Education”, Cyber Security Experimentation and Test, Aug 2010. [Article]
- OConnor T.J.; Sangster B.; Dean E, "Using Hacking To Teach Computer Science Fundamentals", American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Presentation, March 2010.
- OConnor T.J.; Sangster B., "honeyM: A Framework for Implementing Virtual Honeyclients for Mobile Devices," WISEC 2010 Conference Proceedings, 2010 ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security, March 2010.[Article]
- OConnor T.J.; Brasefield D., Grunzweig, N., "honeyM: A Framework for Implementing Virtual Honeyclients for Mobile Devices," ShmooCon Conference, February 2010.
- OConnor T.J.; Doty J., "We Need Teams of Cyber Warriors" Army Magazine, January 2010. [Article]
- This faculty member is not engaged in any research at this time.