LTC Edward Mattison, CISSP
Assistant Professor Contact: Office:
Thayer Hall Bldg 601, Rm. 1115 Phone:
LTC Mattison is an Air Defense Artillery Officer with a Systems Automation Career Field. His previous assignments include Platoon Leader, 1-62nd Air Defense Artillery Battalion; Battery Executive Officer, 25th Infantry Division; Battery Commander, 2-6th Air Defense Artillery Battalion; Battery Commander, 4-5th Air Defense Artillery Battalion; Assistant Professor, USMA; Deputy Corps Automation Officer, III Corps G-6. He was deployed during Operation Iraqi Freedom as the Data Services Manager for Multi-National Corps, Iraq. LTC Mattison is a graduate of the Army's Command and General Staff College. His research interests include indoor autonomous systems, information/knowledge management, and data mining.
- Ph.D. Candidate, Binghamton University
- M.S., Binghamton University, 2001
- B.S., U.S. Military Academy, 1991
Journal Articles/Conference Publications
- COL Robert Bethea, MAJ Edward Mattison, Jared Shepard, Kevin Knowlen. “Black Network proves its mettle during Ulchi Focus Lens 2005”, Army Communicator, Winter 2006, Volume 31, pages 13-18.
- Rusl Flowers, Edward Mattison, Tom Morel, Jerry Schumacher. “Using Handheld Computers to Teach Information Technology and Problem Solving”, 2002 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition. Montreal, Canada. June 2002.
- Mattison, Edward. “Integrating Handheld Computing Devices into Undergraduate Education at West Point”, 2002 Consortium for Computing in Small Colleges, Northeast Region. Worcester, Massachusetts. April 2002.
- Mattison, Edward. “Integrating Information Technology in the Classroom for Education and Collaborative Research”, 2003 National Conference for Undergraduate Research. Salt Lake City, UT. June 2003.
- Research history is not available at this time.