Prof. Susan K. Schwartz
Assistant Professor Contact: Office: Phone:
Mrs. Schwartz completed 24 years of Naval service as a Reserve Naval Fleet Support Officer in 2001. Her active duty assignment was as instructor and academic division officer at Naval Nuclear Power School. Reserve assignments included three Commanding Officer and three Executive Officer tours. She has served as a Watch Captain during support operations for Hurricane Andrew Relief, as a Crisis Action Officer at CINCLANTFLT during Haitian operations, and as Information Systems Analyst for the International Field Office of the Office of Naval Research in London. As a civilian, she most recently was employed as a Project Manager for a national banking and trust company on a project to consolidate all legacy customer and prospect data into one operational data store. Interests include curriculum development, student learning, computer science and information technology education, and databases.
- M.S., Computer Science, Old Dominion University, 1992
- M.S., Applied Mathematics, North Carolina State University, 1977
- B.S., Mathematics, Emory University, 1975
- Schwartz, Susan K. and Kowalski, Eileen M., "Collaborative Teaching Across Freshman Information Technology and Chemistry Courses," Journal of College Science Teaching, March/April 2007, Vol. XXXVI, No. 5, pp. 34-39.
- Suchan, William K., Sobiesk, Edward J., and Schwartz, Susan K., "Information Technology Literacy for Non-Engineers," Proceedings of 2008 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, June 2007 - accepted for publication and presented.
- Research history is not available at this time.