COL William K. Suchan
Assistant Professor Contact: Office:
Thayer Hall, Room TH1110 Phone:
COL Suchan's first assignment was to Schofield Barracks where he served as Platoon Leader, S1 and Division Telecomm Officer in the 125th Signal BN. Other assignments are Signal Officer for the 1-14th Infantry BN; Signal Officer for the 2nd Brigade Task Force during Operation Desert Storm. He later commanded Alpha Co., 501st Signal BN. He served in Yongsan, Korea as the 41st Signal BN XO and the 1st Signal BDE S4. COL Suchan is Air Assault qualified and a Certified Information Systems Security Professional. His academic interests include Information Assurance and Information Technology education.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Arizona State University, 2003
- M.C.S., Computer Science, Arizona State University, 1995
- B.S., United States Military Academy, 1984
- Suchan, W. K. “The Organizational Information Infrastructure Maturity Model: Implications for IT Professionals.” Proceedings of the Eighth Americas Conference on Information Systems. pp. 2163-2168, 2002.
- Suchan, W.K. and Smith, T.L. “Using Ada 95 as a Tool to Teach Problem Solving to Non-CS Majors.” Proceedings of the Conference on TRI-Ada 1997. pp. 31-36, 1997.
- Brick, T., Pellissier, S. and Suchan, W. “Attracting Students to the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Majors.” Proceedings of the Zone 1 Conference of American Society For Engineering Education, 1997.
- Information Assurance
- Information Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology Education