LTC Malcolm Haynes was commissioned as an Armor Officer upon graduation from the United States Military Academy in 1998. A recepient of a National Science Foundation Research Fellowship award, LTC Haynes spent the first two years after commissioning studying computer science at the University of Texas at Austin. Subsequently, LTC Haynes was assigned as a Tank Platoon Leader in 2d Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas. Other assignments include TAC Officer, Officer Candidate School, 3rd Battalion, 11th Infantry Regiment, Fort Benning Texas; Assistant Operations Officer and Company Commander, 2d Battalion, 23d Infantry Regiment, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2d Infantry Division, Fort Lewis, Washington; Military Transition Team Chief, 1st Battalion, 19th Regiminet, Iraqi Army, Khalis, Iraq; Financial Management Officer, 43d Sustainment Brigade, Fort Carson, Colorado; Future Operations Maneuver Planner, 3d Corps, Fort Hood, Texas; Operations Officer and Executive Officer, 2d Squadron, 3d Stryker Calvary Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas; Instructor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY. LTC Haynes deployed to Iraqi in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom from 2007-2008 and to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in 2010 and 2013.
LTC Haynes' is a graduate of the Armor Officer Basic Course, Cavalry Leaders Course, Infantry Captains Career Course, Combined Arms Staff Services School, Intermediate Level Education, School of Advanced Military Studies, Air Assault School, Airborne School, and Ranger School.
- 2017-Present: Instructor, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, USMA, West Point, NY
- 2013-2014: Operations and Executive Officer, 2d Squadron, 3d Stryker Cavalry Regiment
- 2012-2013: Future Operations Maneuver Planner, 3d Corps
- 2009-2010: Support Operations Plans Officer, 43d Sustainment Brigade
- 2008-2009: Assistant Operations Officer, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2d Infantry Division
- 2007-2008: Military Transition Team Chief, 1-19 Iraqi Army
- 2005-2007: Rifle Company Commander, 2d Battalion, 23d Infantry Regiment
- 2004-2005: Assistant Operations Officer, 2d Battalion, 23d Infantry Regiment
- 2002-2004: TAC, Officer Candidate School
- 2001-2002: Tank Platoon Leader, 2d Battalion, 12th Cavalry Regiment