Dr. Charles Reynolds
Professor of Computer Science Contact: Office:
Thayer Hall 1109 Phone:
Dr. Reynolds has 30 years experience in Computer Science as an educator and an administrator. He has led the design and implementation of innovative curricula in undergraduate and graduate computer science, information technology, information security. His interests are in innovative curriculum design, internet-based education, and software patterns for concurrent object-oriented programming.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Texas, Austin, 1978
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Houston, 1972
- Reynolds, Charles W. and Bryan S. Goda. "The Affective Dimension of Pervasive Themes in the Information Technology Curriculum". SIGITE’07, October 18–20, 2007, Destin, Florida, USA.
- Reynolds, Charles W. "Engineering the Information Technology Curriculum with Pervasive Themes". SIGITE’06, October 19–21, 2006, Minneapolis, MN.
- Alford, Kenneth L. and Curtis A. Carter and Daniel J. Ragsdale and Eugene K. Ressler and Charles W. Reynolds. "Specification And Managed Development Of Information Technology Curricula". SIGITE, October 28-30, 2004, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Alford, Kenneth L. and Curtis A. Carver and Eugene K. Ressler and Charles W. Reynolds. "A Curriculum Framework for Evolving an Information Technology Program". 34th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference. October 20 – 23, 2004, Savannah, GA
- Reynolds, Charles and Matt Bishop. "A NCISSE Strategy: An Association of Institutions Supporting IA Certification", Proceedings of the National Colloquium for Information System Security Education, 23 May 2000.
- Reynolds, Charles and Allain,V. Erwin,T.D. Halpern,L.C. McNallie,R. Ross,M.K. "Issues and Lessons in General Education Reform". Journal of General Education, 47:2, 1997.
- Reynolds, Charles and Chris Fox. "Requirements for a Computer Science Curriculum Emphasizing Information Technology". Proceedings of the 27th SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, K.J. Klee (editor), February 1996.
- Reynolds, Charles. “Signaling Regions, Multiprocessing in a Shared Memory”. Software, Practice & Experience, 20:4, 325-356, April 1990.
- Reynolds, Charles and R.T.Yeh. “Induction as the Basis for Program Verification”. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2:4, 244-252, 1976.
- Dr Reynolds' interests are in innovative curriculum design.