MAJ Jacob H. Cox Jr.
Instructor Contact: Office:
Thayer Hall, Room 382 Phone:
MAJ Cox is a Telecommunications Systems Engineer (FA24) and a Signal Officer who assumed duties as an Instructor in 2010. Commissioned through the Army's Officer Candidate School (OCS) program in 2000, his assignments include Squad Leader, D Company, 3-101st Aviation Regiment, Fort Campbell, KY; Chemical Officer, 2-14th Infantry Battalion, Fort Drum, NY; Signal Officer, 6th Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, Camp Stanley, Korea; and Brigade S2, 15th Signal Brigade and Company Commander, B Company, 369th Signal Battalion, Fort Gordon, GA. MAJ Cox is a graduate of the Chemical Officer Basic Course, the Signal Captain's Career Course, and the Staff Signal Officer's Course. His academic interests include wireless communications, robotics, and distributed systems.
- M.S., Electrical & Computer Engineering , Duke University, 2010
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Clemson University, 2003
- Brickey, B., Cox, J., and Conti, G., (2012) “A Case for Cyber”, Small Wars Journal. (Pending Acceptance)
- Cox, J., Cody, J., Fleming, J., Miller, M., (2012) "Seating Assignment Contribution to Student Performance in an Information Technology Classroom" American Society for Engineering Education Northeast Section Conference, April 2012.
- Autonomous Robotics
- Interested in real world applications focused on surveillance and combat.
- Wireless Communications, Internet Security, and Networking