LTC Kenneth Viall
Assistant Professor Contact: Office: Phone:
LTC Viall is a Signal Corps Officer and Department of Defense Information Assurance Scholar. His military assignments include Director, Network Operations and Security, 3rd Infantry Division, Iraq; Network Engineer in Joint Task Force Somalia, communications officer and company commander in V Corps in Bosnia-Hercegovina, and switching platoon leader, 11th Signal Brigade, Operation Desert Storm. He was an application engineer for two years at Banyan Systems, Inc., a startup computer network company. LTC Viall is a graduate of the Advanced Management Program, National Defense University; the School of Advanced Military Studies; Army Command and General Staff College; and the United States Marine Corps Command and Control Systems Course. His teaching awards include selection as a Wakonse Teaching Fellow. He served as director and is a Senior Fellow of the Graduate Teaching Academy, Texas A&M University. His research interests include mobile, ad hoc, and sensor networks; satellite communications; and information assurance.
- Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
- M.M.A.S., School of Advanced Military Studies, 2001
- M.M.A.S., Command and General Staff College, 2000
- M.S., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1989
- B.S., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1987
- Publication history is not available at this time.
- Research history is not available at this time.