PROF John Stapleton
- HI 107, Western Civilization
- HI 301, History of the Military Art
- HI 302, History of the Military Art
- HI 352, Advanced History of the Military Art
- HI 376, War in the Early Modern Era
- HI 498, The Wars of Louis XIV and Marlborough: War, Diplomacy, and the Rise of the Modern State, 1648-1715
- Hist. 112, Western Civilization, 1550-Present (at The Ohio State University)
- B.A., Lawrence University , 1986
- M.A., The Ohio State University , 1994
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University , 2003
“The Dual Monarchy in Practice: William III and the Confederate Army, 1689-1697,” in Esther Mijers and David Onnekink, ed., Redefining William III: The impact of the King-Stadholder in international context ( Aldershot : Ashgate Publishing, forthcoming, 2005).
“The Blue-Water Dimension of King William’s War: Amphibious Operations and Allied Strategy during the Nine Years’ War, 1688-1697 in Mark C. Fissel and David Trim, ed., Amphibious Warfare and European Expansion, 1000-1700: War, Commerce and State Formation (Leiden: Koninklijke Brill, forthcoming, 2005).
“ ‘The World Is Not Enough.’ The Empire of Philip II (1556-1598),” co-authored with Geoffrey Parker, in Exploring The European Past: Texts and Images ( Mason , OH : Thomson Learning Custom Publishing, 2003).
“Grand Pensionary at War: Anthonie Heinsius and the Nine Years’ War,” in Jan A. F. de Jongste and Augustus J. Veenendaal, Jr., ed., Anthonie Heinsius and the Dutch Republic 1688-1720: Politics, War, Finance (The Hague: Institute for Netherlands History, 2002), 199-227.
- Early Modern European History 1500-1815
- Military History
- Islamic History 1300-1815
- Dutch Republic 1567-1794
- Britain 1660-1815
- France 1660-1815
- Ottoman Empire 1400-1789
- Wars of Louis XIV 1661-1715
- French Revoloution 1789-1815
- Wars of the Early 20th Century 1900-1945