Pi Mu Epsilon Mathematics Honor Society, Alpha Zeta Chapter
Welcome to the Alpha Zeta ChapterThe Alpha Zeta Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon is sponsored by the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the United States Military Academy. The chapter was founded in 1994 with the induction of 28 cadet and faculty members. Since the chapter's beginning over 500 members have been inducted. The chapter's purpose is to support and promote mathematics education and research at the United States Military Academy.Chapter OfficersPoint of contacts for the chapter are:
Chapter officers can be reached by calling the Department of Mathematical Sciences at (845) 938-2100, or by email at
||Colonel Michael Phillips|
||Colonel Steven Horton|
|Lieutenant Colonel Lamar Adams|
|Major David Gohlich|
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.Membership EligibilityTo be eligible for membership a candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
ActivitiesSome of the chapter's recent activities and trips include:
- A cadet majoring in mathematics or operations research with a B average.
- A cadet with a field of study in either mathematics or operations research with a B average.
- A faculty or staff member that has made significant contributions in the field of mathematics or operations research.
MembersSee a complete list of cadet members, from 1994 to the present, here.
- Trip to the Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Monthly guest lectures
- Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling
- Problem of the Week