Department of Mathematical Sciences Centers
Centers of Excellence
- Center for Leadership and Diversity in STEM: focuses on increasing the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- Mathematical Sciences Center of Excellence (MSCE): provides a focal point for faculty and staff to conduct research activities in the mathematical sciences and to solve problems that extend beyond the classroom to support our Army's mission and the Academy's goal of educating future army officers.
- Network Science Center (NSC): researches and develops significant contributions in the study of network representations of physical, biological, and social phenomena leading to predictive models
- Operations Research Center of Excellence (ORCEN): leverages West Point's analytical capabilities in support of the Army.
- Center for Data Analysis and Statistics (CDAS): provides expertise for problems requiring statistical methods to the West Point community and Agencies throughout the Department of Defense which support the professional development and enhance classroom instruction for the faculty and cadets, and have the potential to make a significant contribution to the Army community.
- Center for Faculty Development (CFD): responsible for the overall faculty development program in the Department of Mathematical Sciences. The Center also coordinates and provides guidance for several programs within the Department in order to ensure all faculty are prepared and confident to be the best instructors they can.