Every year in April, the Pipes & Drums host other Pipes & Drums bands and performing groups at West Point’s Trophy Point (Buffalo Soldier Field in 2017). This event showcases each individual band or performance group and culminates in a massed bands retreat ceremony. This is a free event that is open to the West Point and local communities.
Over 20 performing groups are invited to Trophy Point (Buffalo Soldier Field in 2017) to perform in a non-competitive showcase of musical talent from the Hudson Valley and Tri-State region. Rain date for the event is scheduled for one- two weeks after the primary date.
If you are attending the event, please ensure you bring a valid photo identification for each member of your group in order to gain entrance to West Point. Additionally, as of 1 January 2016, state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards from Illinois, New Mexico, Missouri, Washington and Minnesota can no longer be used to obtain a visitor’s pass because those cards don’t comply with federal standards. Please see the USMA home page for more information.
For seating, blankets and chairs are highly encouraged; guests may also bring picnic items as required
Groups that routinely participate in the Tattoo are:
- AOH Orange County Pipes & Drums
- Clan na Vale Pipes & Drums
- Hudson Highlands Pipes & Drums
- Firefighters Emerald Society of Westchester County Pipes and Drums
- Firefighter McPadden Pipes and Drums
- Hudson Valley Regional Police Pipes & Drums
- Local 21 Pipes & Drums, Peekskill
- MacGregor Pipe Band
- NY State Courts Pipes & Drums
- Pipes and Drums of the Police Emerald Society, Westchester County
- West Point Black Knight Drill Team
- Rhode Island Highlanders
- Stephen P. Driscoll Memorial Pipe Band
- USMA Band: The Hellcats