|Frequently Asked Questions |
|What is SCUSA? |
The Student Conference on US Affairs is an annual four day conference hosted at the United States Military Academy at West Point. The purpose of the conference is to facilitate interaction and constructive discussion between civilian student delegates and West Point cadets in order to better understand the challenges that the United States faces in an increasingly interconnected global society. This year we are celebrating the 66th annual conference. Find out more by clicking on the “About” tab, above.
|Who attends SCUSA? |
|When can I register? |
- Registration is open for SCUSA 66! Registration will be open until October 30th, or until all the spots are filled for the conference.
|How do I pay my registration fee? |
|Which airport should I use? |
- Newark Liberty International Airport is preferred for pickup, although our staff will do pickups from LaGuardia International Airport and Stewart International Airport.
|Will SCUSA representatives meet me at the airport? Where can I expect to see them? |
- SCUSA representatives will be picking up delegates at the approved airports. Please refer to the Transportation link for more information.
|What is the dress code? Should I bring different clothes for social events? |
- Most conference activities will be in business dress, with the exception of the following:
||Wed 12 November, upon arrival
||Business/Business Casual |
|The Conference standard operating procedures for dress code will be as follows: |
- Business Casual
- Men: Slacks, collared shirt, blazer and tie optional
- Women: Dress slacks or jacket, or skirt with blouse
- Men: Dark business suit, white or light shirt
- Women: Cocktail dress, or knee length skirt and dressy top
- Men: Khakis or slacks, polo shirt with collar
- Women: Slacks or skirts with polo or buttoned shirt
|What does the Lingo mean? |
|Will I have access to a convenience store in case I forget anything? |
- Yes, there is a small Cadet Store in the cadet area that you will be able to purchase almost any basic necessity you may forget.
|Where/with whom will I be staying during the conference? |
- Guest delegates will be staying with cadet hosts in the barracks.
|How can I best prepare myself for the conference? |
- There will be a paper that comes out for each table describing the focus of the table. The best way to prepare is to read this paper and determine what the focus will be and do some focused research on the ideas brought up in the paper and begin to think about what is in the paper. What do you agree with, what do you disagree with, what do you think a good solution to the issues discussed would be, etc. Talking to a faculty advisor in your school about the topics addressed in the paper is not required but would only make you better prepared.
|Will I be able to connect to the internet during the conference? |
- There will be limited WIFI connectivity for this year's conference.