Systems Engineering is multi-disciplinary. DSE offers four program majors: Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, Systems Management and Operations Research (in conjunction with the Math Department). We also offer a Core Engineering Sequence for non-engineering majors.
Systems Engineering (SE)
- Provides in-depth study of systems engineering-applies engineering principles to understand real world problems
- Prepares cadets for the everyday challenges an Army officer encounters
- Provides the foundation for a wide spectrum of graduate degrees
- The Systems Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Engineering Management (EM)
- Ranked #1 Engineering Management Program in the nation by the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM) in 2005/06/07/08/09 and 2010
- Multidisciplinary program with in-depth instruction in engineering, finance, accounting, management, and leadership
- Excellent undergraduate program that will prepare you for virtually any graduate program
- The Engineering Management program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Systems Design & Management (SM)
Develops the technical, business, communication and leadership skills necessary to manage complex processes found in the military and private sector
Provides the foundation for advanced degrees in business, operations research, systems engineering, information systems management, engineering management, network systems management and more
Enrollment affords a membership opportunity with the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Major requires a total of only 40 courses allowing some cadets to pursue a minor or simply take extra courses in an area of academic interest outside of the SM major
Operations Research (OR)
Incorporates math and systems engineering management problems to analyze and solve real-world problems
Designed for cadets with strong mathematical abilities-apply quantitative methods to decision making across several disciplines
Sponsored jointly by the Department of Mathematics
Core Engineering Sequence
Provides an introduction to the concept of "systems thinking" and the strategies leaders implement to solve problems, manage programs and make decisions in any military or business environment
Solid engineering foundation for non-engineering majors
Teaches critical thinking, decision making, and analysis skills
DSE Academic Advisors
Department Academic Advisors (DACs) are here to help those cadets interested in selecting a Department of Systems Engineering major or enrolling in the Core Systems Engineering Sequence.
|Department of Systems Engineering
West Point, NY 10996
|All Systems GO!|