Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Department of Social Sciences : Scholarship Opportunities

Fulbright Scholarship:

The Fulbright is a State Department funded initiative that facilitates overseas research, education, and cultural exchanges. As cadets, you are eligible to apply for the Academic U.S. Student Grant, which funds a one-year Master's degree at a foreign institution. It is an incredible opportunity for a young officer and will pay dividends both in the short and long-term.  

Fulbright Scholarship FAQs.pdf


East-West Scholarship:

The East-West Center was founded by Congress in 1960 and is affiliated with the University of Hawaii.  It conducts a wide variety of research and educational programs of global significance, but is particularly concentrated on issues confronting East Asia.  As cadets, you are allowed to apply for the East-West Graduate Degree Fellowship.  You will live in residence at the East-West Center while pursuing a two-year Master’s degree in the program of your choice at the University of Hawaii.  Importantly, this is not just a language or area studies program.  Asia faces a wide range of issues that require excellent scientists and engineers.  The East-West Center has ongoing research on environmental change, population and health, education, and Pacific islands development that could be of interest to a broad cross-section of the cadet population and has relevance to every major offered at the Academy.
EastWestScholarship FAQs.pdfEastWestScholarship FAQs.pdf


For additional information on these scholarship opportunities, please contact MAJ Robert Chamberlain at