Dr. Scott Helfstein
Assistant Professor (International Relations) Contact: Office:
LH 119 Phone:
There is no biography by this faculty member available at this time.
- The University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI, Ph.D. Joint in Political Science and Public Policy, 2008
- Columbia University – New York, NY, Visiting Scholar, Political Science Department, 2006-2009
- King’s College – London, UK, Masters of Arts in War Studies with Merit, 2004
- The George Washington University – Washington, DC, Bachelor of Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, 1999
- The London Schools of Economics – London, UK, European Integration and Macroeconomics, Summer 1997
- “Friend’s Don’t Let Friends Proliferate: Evidence from Sanctions and Lessons for Disarmament,” forthcoming in Political Science Quarterly
- “Cooperation, Signals and Sanctions: Gaming the Nuclear Inspection Regime,” forthcoming in Nonproliferation Review 16(2009)
- “Tradeoffs and Paradoxes: Terrorism, Deterrence and Nuclear Weapons,” Studies in Conflict and Terrorism 32(2009): 776-801; lead author
- “Governance of Terror: New Institutionalism and the Evolution of Terrorist Organizations,” Public Administration Review 69(2009): 727-739.
- “The Landscape of Jihadism in Southeast Asia,” in Scott Helfstein, ed., Radical Islamic Ideology in Southeast Asia (The Combating Terrorism Center: West Point, NY 2009)
- “Al-Qa`ida’s Five Aspects of Power,” CTC Sentinel 2, no. 1 (January 2009); with five other authors
Research history is not available at this time.