· “Sub-Saharan Africa,” in American National Security, 7th edition, eds. Michael Meese, Suzanne C. Nielsen and Rachel Sondheimer. Johns Hopkins University Press, (forthcoming 2015).
· Kovatch, B. and Frey, D. “After Genocide: Rwanda and the African Future” in The Worst That Can Happen: The Politics and Policy of Crisis Management,” eds. H. Liebert, S. Nielsen, and C. Jebb. Johns Hopkins University Press, (forthcoming 2016).
· “Sexual Exploitation & Abuse in UN Peacekeeping Missions: A Case Study of MONUC & MONUSCO,” pending presentation at the Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa Conference in October 2015.
· Moderator, “Security and Foreign Relations,” Conference on Africa on the Global Stage, Medford, MA. February 2015.
· Presenter and Discussant, “U.S. Policy toward Africa,” Foreign Policy Association’s Great Decisions Program, Cornwall, NY. April 2015.