West Point is a place that cadets remember with pride for the rest of their lives. If you are accepted, you’ll soon experience the demands and the thrills of being a West Point cadet! You’ll join other exceptional students in a unique collegiate environment. Personal challenge, team adventure and leader-building opportunities await you here. As a High School Senior, if you haven't already started an application, you are already behind your peers. Start by clicking on the "Apply" link on the left today.
Applying to a world-class institution like West Point means you are competing with other high-ability students. It’s essential that you meet all the admissions deadlines. Your applicant file – what we call your “candidate” file – will not be complete until you do. To assist in your process, print out the USMA Application Timeline.
- Continue to perform your personal best in high school academics, athletics and extracurricular activities.
- Earn A’s and B’s in the toughest courses you can take.
- Do well in calculus, trigonometry and physics.
- Excel on the athletic field.
- Become a leader in student government, clubs or other organizations.
- Visit campus.
- Spend part of a day with a cadet.
- Schedule an overnight visit.
- Stay on top of your candidate file.
- Have you sent all of your nomination requests? Meet those deadlines!
- Have your ACT and/or SAT scores been sent to us?
- Have you completed the forms in your Candidate Kit?
- Are you practicing the six performance areas to prepare for the Candidate Fitness Assessment?
- Have you taken the Qualifying Medical Examination?
All the puzzle pieces need to be in place before an admissions decision can be made.
A letter from our director