CPT Drew Littel was born in Grand Prairie, TX and graduated from the United States Military Academy in 2007. His first assignment was as an Infantry Platoon Leader for Alpha Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment at Fort Hood, TX, where he deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (2008-2009). Following deployment, he was assigned as a Fire Direction Officer, Platoon Leader, and Executive Officer for Alpha Battery, 5-82nd Field Artillery Regiment. After the career course, he reported to Grafenwohr, Germany, and served as a Brigade Assistant Operations Officer for the 172nd Infantry Brigade, deploying shortly thereafter to Afghanistan in support of OEF (2011-2012). While deployed, he took command of a Firing Battery and Combat Outpost in Paktika Province. Before arriving at USMA, CPT Littel served as a Liaison Officer to the 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy, where he served as an operations officer and deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel (2015). He currently serves as an MS200 Instructor.
- Infantry Platoon Leader (2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment)
- Company Fire Support Officer (2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment)
- Fire Direction Officer and Battery Executive Officer (1st Battalion, 77th FAR)
- Brigade Assistant S-3 and Battle Captain (172d Infantry Brigade)
- Battery Commander (C, 1-77 FA, 172d Infantry Brigade)
- Liaison Officer (31st Fighter Wing, 455th Expeditionary Fighter Wing)