Off Campus Access
Cadets, Staff & Faculty
USMA-issued laptops will have a VPN software client installed. When you are using the library website from a laptop connected through VPN, you will be able to access all resources as if you were physically at West Point.
- Please contact Goldcoats or your DCO if you need assistance with the VPN software.
Access when not using VPN:
When you are working from a computer or other device that is not on the USMA network, do the following:
- Using Scout:
- Conduct your search. The result page will have a yellow banner at the top of the page that says “Hello, Guest. Login for full access.”
- If you click on a search result that requires authentication, a window will pop up that will prompt you to “Login for full access.”
- Once you are on the login page, enter your full name and/or Library ID as prompted
- Cadet Library ID: C-number
- Staff & Faculty Library ID: DoD ID number from back of CAC
- Family Member: Library Card Number (below barcode)
- If you know the database you want to access, go to the A-Z database page
- Click on the database, and enter your library ID to login.
- The database will open, and you should be able to use as if you were at West Point.
- If the item or database fails to open, or if you receive an error message, please call the Reference Desk at 845-938-8325 or use our chat in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Whenever possible, remote access to library resources will be made available to anyone eligible for a library account. You will need to log into your library account first before trying to access any library resources remotely. Please be aware that not all resources are available remotely.