Mathematica Militaris, in publication since 1989, serves as a forum for exchanging ideas, views, experiences and studies concerning mathematics education at the five Federal Service Academies. As an online journal, it provides faculty the opportunity to formally present these thoughts to the academies and beyond. Example topics are pedagogy, use of technology in the classroom, course and thesis projects, curriculum, and instructor and career development.
The journal has moved to the USMA Digital Commons located here.
Contributions are always welcome. Please see the contact information below and the current call for papers.
Benefits of Publication in Mathematica Militaris:
1. It provides a sense of pride and accomplishment in formally organizing thoughts about something.
2. It is a forum to share thoughts with your academy and the other academies.
3. It is a place to advertise your interests with others and build network connections and future collaborations.
4. It illustrates independent scholarship (resume or portfolio builder for promotion or job selection).
5. It is an outlet for Master Teacher activity.
6. It is a place to publish preliminary work for writing in a more scholarly publications.
Previous Editions (Link)
Submitting Papers (Link to Mathematica Militaris on USMA Digital Commons)
|Editor in Chief
LTC Everett Williams
Dr. Ivan Dungan
|Dr. Mee Seong Im|
|CPT Patrick Kuiper|
|CPT Andrew Plucker|
|Dr. Michael Steward|
|LTC Stanley Florkowski|
|Please see the Mathematica Militaris page on the USMA Digital Commons|
||Editor, Mathematica Militaris|
United States Military Academy
646 Swift Road
West Point, NY 10996-1905