|Come visit during the summer, no appointment needed. Just show up by 9:45AM M-F. |
If you are considering West Point for college, we invite you to come for a visit. From mid-September to 29 April, we have scheduled day tours available for you and your family to meet with cadets and staff.
Effective Monday, 14 September 2015, prospective candidates and their families can attend our daily brief and walking tour which starts at 745 am. The daily visit consists of a 1-hour Admissions Officer brief, Cadet question and answer session, a walking tour (weather permitting), a chance for the perspective candidate to attend classes and lunch with a Cadet, and then an opportunity to meet with an Admissions Officer one-on-one. The brief takes place in the ’56 Room located in Bldg 606 (M-F). An appointment is necessary, so please call ahead so we can schedule you (845-938-5760/5759). These hours will run through end of April 2016, after which our summer brief time will change to 10 am for the 2016-2017 Admissions cycle and school year.
This is the best way to become familiar with West Point – both as a top-ranked college and a military academy.
A drive into the campus is awesome in beauty, architecture and history – you can see it and feel it. We invite you to experience it for yourself and, at the same time, give us a chance to get to know you better, too. During your visit, think about what it would be like to be a West Point cadet. Ask questions, take a tour, and talk with cadets.
We hope you enjoy your visit.
|On your GPS or Phone: City - West Point. 1 Thayer Road takes you to the Thayer Gate. Admissions is located down the road about 1 mile. |
- Just 45 minutes north of New York City.
- West Point sits high on a hill overlooking the Hudson River.
- Spectacular views are just part of the natural and architectural beauty that is West Point.
- In your GPS, type in: 1 Thayer Road, West Point, NY. This address takes you to the Thayer Gate. We are 606 Thayer Road. Please bring identification to gain access on post.
|Visit Opportunities for Prospective Students|
- During the academic year, you’ll spend time with a cadet escort. Because each visiting student is paired with a cadet, space is limited. Please inquire early.
- During the summer break (1 May to mid-September), you’ll meet one-on-one with an Admissions Officer. We conduct a daily brief at 10 am, followed by a guided walking tour.
- Come for an overnight visit, if you have applied and been accepted, or if you’ve received a Letter of Encouragement (LOE) from Admissions.
For Visits during the USMA Academic Year
Visit with Admissions Officers and Cadets
Arrive by 730 am. Admissions briefing starts at 745 am. Cadets will pick up candidates (high school juniors and seniors that have applied) and take them to classes, show them their living areas and eat with them. Ask all the questions you have!
Parents will hear from Admissions Officers, the Parents Club Coordinator and cadets.
Parking will be challenging. Please arrive early and plan to drop off members of your family before you park.
- During your visit prospective students will receive meal tickets in order to eat at the cadet mess hall.
- Daily visit: 1 lunch.
- Overnight visit: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner.
- Arrive no later than 8:00 a.m. at the Admissions Office to check in and pick up your tickets.
- Family and friends are responsible for their own lunch at local restaurants, on- or off-campus.
- Prospective cadets on overnight visits stay in the barracks with cadets. Day visitors and all family and friends need to make their own arrangements for lodging.
- For local lodging and tourism information, contact:
For Visits during the Summer
Guided Walking Tour
- No appointment is necessary, just arrive at 606 Thayer Road by 0945.
- Parking may be challenging - expect to walk a little from your parking spot. It may be better to drop everyone off prior to parking your car.
- After an Admissions overview, the Admissions Officer will take visitors on a walking tour. The tour will be done by approximately 1200.
- Meals and lodging are not provided to visiting candidates during the summer months, but the weather is nicer!
- Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are coming.
- The date you plan to visit (no tours available on weekends/holidays.
- Include: Name of candidate (if applicable) and other family members.
- If not yet a high school junior or senior, what year the interested visitor is in school.
- Where you live.
- Is an alumni in the group? Military officer?
- See you soon!
Parking/Ground Transportation to the Admissions Office, Bldg. 606
Due to limited availability, parking near Bldg 606 and along Thayer Road is by permit only. Visitors must park at the Buffalo Soldier Field parking lot (adjacent to Thayer Gate). To convey visitors, free shuttle buses run roundtrip, Mon-Fri (except holidays), from the Bus Shelter in the Buffalo Soldier Field parking lot to Grant Turnaround (intersection closest to the Admissions office in Bldg. 606). Buses depart both locations every 10 minutes and operate between the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm.
NOTE: During the academic year (Mid-September through April) candidates must select a tour date at least two weeks prior to the current date. Cancellations or new appointments may not be made within two weeks of the current date. If you have questions about scheduling a visit, please call 845-938-5760/5759.
Click “Continue” below only if you are scheduling a daily/overnight visit between mid-September and 30 April during the academic year:
Click “Continue” below only if you are scheduling a daily/overnight visit between mid-September and 30 April: