The Cadet Chapel is a famous landmark and symbol of religious activities of the Military Academy and was designed by the renowned firm of Cram, Goodhue and Ferguson. Dedicated in 1910 and constructed of native granite, this building blends naturally into the surrounding landscape. The architecture combines the techniques and shapes of Gothic with the massiveness of medieval fortresses. This architectural theme subsequently dominated the other construction at West Point.
The Cadet Chapel organ (M.P. Moeller,) begun in 1911 and enlarged by memorial gifts is now the largest church organ in the world. The Organist and Director of Music is Mr. Craig Williams. Craig Williams and other artists perform concerts throughout the year. (Click here on Events to see information about upcoming concerts)
The stained glass windows have been executed by the Willet Studios of Philadelphia. The great Sanctuary Window, inscribed with the words of the motto of the Academy, "Duty, Honor, Country," was the first to be installed. All of the side windows are memorial windows given over time by various classes. The first pew features silver plates engraved with the signatures of previous Superintendents. Among them are the names of Generals MacArthur, Taylor, and Westmoreland. Services in the Cadet Chapel are conducted for Protestant members of the Corps of Cadets, the faculty and the public. Currently there are no handicap access to the basement of the Cadet Chapel or to the restrooms. Services are at 10:30 a.m. every Sunday. It is open daily from 8:15 a.m. till 4:15 p.m. ATTENTION: There are no ADA bathrooms available at this facility.
For information about special events and programs at the Cadet Chapel, please call the Cadet Chapel at 845-938-2308. To schedule a wedding, please call the Cadet Chaplain's Office at 845-938-3412.